Supply Chain Manager - Gear Pump Manufacturing
Responsible for all aspects of the organization's supply chain management and operations, including procurement, vendor relations, production, logistics, and distribution. Develops and implements plans for managing supply chain processes for production and operations. Oversees demand forecasting, supply planning, and procurement to ensure resource requirements are satisfied. Communicates with MD regarding business needs to secure resources needed to satisfy customer demands and ensure on time delivery.
Key performance indicators
- Build relationships within the company and with external parties, such as suppliers or distributors.
- Schedule and execute periodic evaluations to ensure vendors are adhering to pricing contracts, quality and agreements.
- Negotiation and management of suppliers pricing.
- Ensure on time delivery of quality raw materials, consumables and other department requirements.
Stores & Assembly
- Responsible for the management and execution of the Stores and assembly functions as well as the planning and directing of activities.
- Identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities to streamline processes and improve accuracy and efficiency within operations.
- Responsible for stock control and allocation of resources.
- Evaluating and address slow moving/obsolete stock.
Demand forecasting & Planning of Inventory
- Responsible for the overall strategy and execution of the supply chain management function as well as the planning and directing of activities and operations within their scope.
- Develop, implement, and sustain a production planning system to ensure on-time in full delivery to our customers.
- Manage current and long-term forecast projections to drive production and inventory planning goals.
- Keep detailed records, generate reports, and develop presentations to help management understand the logistics perspective.
- Collaborate with others from diverse backgrounds to identify problems and find solutions.
Inbound & Outbound Logistics
- Develop effective communication and processes with the transportation and logistics vendors.
- Read and comprehend legal documents, such as contracts or import/export agreements.
- Assist logistics process for the Improvement and implementation of inventory maintenance, manufacturing, shipment, and delivery, and returns on products.
- Control and evaluate distribution channels and cost.
- Ability to manage logistics of all aspects of the supply chain, from procurement of raw materials to the shipment of finished items.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills to propel the organization to decision and action while building lasting relationships.
- Ability to compile reports.
- Computer Literate (MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and suggest improvements.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good organizational skills
- Team player
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to focus, prioritize and good time management.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to work outside normal working hours when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- 5 plus years of experience in supply chain management, preferably operations, warehouse, manufacturing, and purchasing leadership A related degree or pursuing a related degree (NQF 7).
This is an employment equity position and preference will be given to PDI in line with the Company’s EE plan.
Please note that candidates whose applications do not meet the above criteria will not be considered.
All interested applicants must forward their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 29 September 2023.