SAPICS is currently embarking on a great initiative aimed at addressing and serving the needs of students and graduates in the field of supply chain management. Our youth development programme seeks to tackle youth unemployment and grow young talent for South Africa’s supply chain industry by equipping young professionals with the necessary skills that will ensure that they are industry-ready for job opportunities. Many graduates in South Africa still lack the skills, resources and experience to fully capitalise on job opportunities in the industry. To this end, SAPICS has created a formal youth programme that students and graduates can join through the association’s Student Membership and Young Professionals Membership respectively.
Why You Should Consider Becoming a Student Member?
As a student, one of the greatest challenges you will face when transitioning into your career is aligning what we have learnt in university with the realities and expectations of the workplace. While a university education is essential for establishing the foundation for your career, the constantly changing work environment and the industry at large can often make the transition from being a student to a young supply chain professional challenging. As a student member, SAPICS will provide you with the guidance you need to effectively map-out your desired career path. This is because membership with SAPICS will give students such as yourself access to a network of seasoned industry professionals from diverse backgrounds, including potential mentors whose experience, expertise and guidance will help you to expand your knowledge and advance your career.
Why You Should Consider Becoming a Young Professional Member?
SAPICS embraces a life-long learning philosophy and we believe that one’s professional growth and development should not end with a university education. Our world is constantly evolving and so are the set of skills, knowledge and training expected from young supply chain professionals. Networking and skills development play a crucial role in today’s dynamic and ever-changing world of work. In addition to offering you networking opportunities, one of the important benefits of a young professional membership is gaining access to education and training resources including certifications from SAPICS and ASCM at discounted rates. Certifications play an important role in one’s professional growth and development journey because they can differentiate you from other professionals in your field by showing current and prospective employers your demonstrated commitment to understanding and excelling in your profession.
2024 SAPICS Young Professional & Student Conference
View the presentations from the 2024 Conference:
- DP World | Bridging the gap between studying and first few years at work - Junaid Allie
- Correlation between Marketing and Supply Chain Management - Marzia Storpioli
- The Practice of Forecasting New Products - Sharon Brand
- Keynote - Dr Lawson Naidoo
- Strategic Personal Branding in Supply Chain Management- A Catalyst for Enhancing Graduate Employability - Nikita Reddy
- Lessons learnt from working in Supply Chain Management in a fast-paced organisation - Dikeledi Sathekge
As a student or young professional, you can gain free access to our Young Professional and Student Webinars by visiting our events page and registering as a guest.
You may also join the association as a SAPICS Student or Young Professional Member. More details can be found here: https://www.sapics.org.za/membership
Our membership benefits include:
- SAPICS Young Professional & Student Conference - Virtual Registration
- Young professional registration rate to attend the CSCA (Certified Supply Chain Analyst) course
- Receive regular and informative communications from SAPICS
- 2 points earned per year towards an individual’s APICS Certifications (CPIM, CSCP, CLTD) as well as points towards your IBF CPF maintenance
- Access for free to all SAPICS Member Only events per the SAPICS Event Calendar.
- Access to the recordings from the SAPICS Annual Conference at no additional fee
- The opportunity to be nominated to serve on SAPICS Young Professional and Student leadership committee.
- SAPICS members receive a monthly digital magazine from FOCUS on Transport and Logistics.
- Access to the SAPICS Mentorship Programme
- 2021 SAPICS Young Professional & Student Conference
- Coffee Chat
- Improving Forecast Accuracy with Seipati Sello
- End-to-End Supply Chain Planning with Grant Swanepoel
- Career Mastery: Climbing the Career Jungle Gym | The People Shop
- Products to People: a PPE Initiative for Community Workers
- Making Difficult Conversations Easy - 3 Keys to Mastery | Sponsored by Imperial
- Navigating Business Consulting in the Supply Chain Domain
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel - Click Here
- SAPICS Young Professionals & Student members are encouraged to follow The Student Success Coach podcast with Peter Alkema. He has a huge student following and offers study advice. The podcast highlights different courses that students can undertake. You can check out the podcast on Spotify. He has a link to his LinkedIn contact page on his website https://studentsuccess.coach/
- #YouthMatters:Oratile Seabela, Founder of Malii on Championing your dreams into reality by: Robin Fredericks
Young Professionals Committee Members
- Kholofelo Mabila
- Dineonkobeng Maepa
- Jonathan Sudi Anzuluni
- Rehema Amisi
- Rita Gwanime Anton
- Tebogo Kgatle
- Tsoakae Rakgadi Mokhatla
- Gwen Sebopa
- Kim Archary
- Gugu Mhlanga